Digitalization through apps is transforming how we do business. Most organizations have adopted a digital system to handle their business processes. Such digital leaders experience up to eight times growth in their operating profits according to studies by McKinsey and Company.
Companies like Uber, Alibaba and AirBnB are few such supremely successful enterprises that rely purely on digitization.
While the adoption rate of mobile digitalization is quite high in most industry sectors, the construction industry seems to be slow on the uptake. According to a McKinsey and Company report, the construction industry is one of the lowest digitized sectors.
Source: Harvard Business Review
Research by JBKnowledge indicates that construction companies spend less than 1% of their revenues on IT, which is less than one-third of what other businesses spend on the same. It further shows that nearly 40% of construction companies do not even have a dedicated IT department.
Low IT Resource, No Problem – Low-Code/Codeless app building tools to the rescue
There is a rising demand for mobile digitalization, especially in the construction industry. Business units in the field need access to real-time data on resources, materials, logistics and more.
For instance, the greatest benefit of digitalization in logistics services is from crowdsourcing. A report from the World Economic Forum indicates that trucking companies can improve their utilization levels by 20% and greatly improve profits.
A digital transformation in this sector offers the convenience of real-time tracking and lower costs leading to savings of up to $789 billion to the customers in the logistics industry.
Fast Tracking app development
Gartner’s framework for Bimodal IT recognizes that traditional app development practices are no longer sufficient for organizations looking to digitally transform their business. It is necessary to democratize app development so business users who may not be technical experts can still design fully functioning apps without heavily relying on the IT department.
Gartner predicts that by 2018 more than half the mobile apps will be created using codeless tools. Digitalization is the key to providing improved customer experience, increased employee productivity, agile IT and business operations.
AppGyver’s Composer – Gearing towards Bimodal IT
Gartner’s concept of Bimodal IT expounds the need for organizations to have 2 modes of IT – traditional IT with a focus on efficiency and safety (Mode 1), and Agile IT to support prototyping, fast iterative development and rapid delivery (Mode 2).
AppGyver’s Composer is a platform that has a lot of options out-of-box, but it also supports the need for tech-savvy users to write their code. This allows for iterative testing to get the desired results while building their apps.
The Composer also integrates with enterprise authentication protocols, all standard business databases and data sources such as Oracle databases and Salesforce, thereby increasing their flexibility of use.
AppGyver’s Composer – Digitally transforming the construction sector
The construction industry usually has multiple projects at any given time. There is the key requirement to have up-to-date information, tracking and visibility on ongoing projects, materials, sub-contractors and more.
Mobile digitalization makes the information more transparent. It can help prevent design clashes, issues in construction and hence avoid costly rework. Central databases can be continually updated, so users have real-time data on the field.
A study by the Boston Consulting Group shows that full-scale digitalization in the case of residential construction enables cost savings 0.7 trillion to 1.2 trillion dollars. That is 13-21% in the Design & Engineering phase and Construction phase of Building Information Modelling (BIM). In the Operations phase of residential construction, it enables a cost saving of 0.3 – 0.5 trillion dollars; i.e. 10-17%.
Reaping the benefits of Composer’s visual app development platform
AppGyver’s Composer has one of the most extendable visual app development platforms on the market. It is easier to build advanced app logic while the Composer platform rapidly builds the requisite backend.
The business data is secure inside the company firewall and Composer allows for any custom authentication methods with full ACL for app data.
AppGyver’s Composer helps reduces the go-to-market time for apps considerably. Customized apps to suit the needs of architects, tech consultants, contractors, real-estate companies, clients and end-users can be ready for use 10 times faster.
Fast track your business innovation projects using Composer’s high productivity platform from AppGyver.
- “App development should be democratized” – Burley Kawasaki
- “Which industries are the most digital?”- Prashanth Gandhi, Somesh Khanna, Sree Ramaswamy
- “Gazing into the crystal ball: top 10 trends for 2104” – Setrag Khoshafian
- “Software and digitization are leading business transformation”- John Brigden
- “The battle is for customer interface”- Tom Goodwin
- “Imagining construction’s digital future”- Rajat Agarwal, Shankar Chandrasekaran & Mukund Sridhar
- “Busting bimodal myths”- Christy Pettey
- “Bimodal It and re-modeling traditional IT for greater agility”- Alex Henthorne-Iwane
- “Construction industry needs to embrace digital revolution” – Alexandria Cain
- “Digital transformation in the construction sector isn’t just about BIM” –Daria Taylor
- “What’s the future of construction industry?”– Santiago Castaginino, Philipp Gerbert, Christoph Rothballer
- “The transformative power of Building Information Modeling”– Philipp Gerbert, Santiago Castagnino, Christoph Rothballer, Andreas Renz, and Rainer Filitz
- “AppGyver’s Composer 2 makes building B2B apps easy”– Frederic Lardinois
- “The reason your company still isn’t pumping out mission critical killer apps” –Nathanael Montgomery
- “What Gartner’s Bimodal IT Model means to enterprise CIO’s”– Bernard Golden
- “Bimodal IT approach to digital transformation” – Owen Chen
- “2016 Engineering & construction industry trends”– Kent Goetjen, Joseph Van den Berg, Christopher Dann
- “How B2B digital leaders drive five times more revenue growth than their peers” – Tanguy Catlin, Liz Harrison, Candace Lun Plotkin, and Jennifer Stanley
- “Kony helps enterprises capitalize on mobile app explosion”– Business Wire
- Forklift manufacturer Rocla delivers a 3 month App project in 2 weeks – Jeff Alonzo
- Digitization in the construction industry – Roland Berger
- Bimodal IT – Gartner
- The 5th Annual construction technology report – JBKnowledge
- Opportunities of the digitalization for construction – Jan Byfors
- Shaping the future of construction – World Economic Forum
- Digital transformation of industries: Demystifying digital and securing $100 trillion for society and industry by 2025 – World Economic Forum